Okay. So, i'm a bit late uploading this recipe. I created this scrumptious recipe for this past Easter. It was a BIG hit! YAY! It was simple and fun to make! I will definitely be making it again in the Fall! The Strawberry's could also pass for "Pumpkins" ;) and that will go great for Halloween and Thanksgiving! I may also get my nieces and nephews to help.. or possibly Timmy :) I will also buy some of the cute white picket fences from the craft store and put those on the front of my casserole dish to decorate it up a bit. You should definitely give this a try! It would be super cute at a baby's first birthday or a baby shower! Let me know if you make this dish and if you have any suggestions! :)
Carrot Patch Dirt Cake Ingredients:
- Casserole Dish, Baggy, and Rolling pin for crumbling oreos.
- 16 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 2 Packages of Oreo Cookies
- 2 Packages Cool whip, thawed.
- 1 tbs. Creamy Peanut Butter
- Instant Chocolate Pudding 3.9 oz
- Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding 3.9 oz [I used a larger package & had leftovers :( ]
- Orange Wilton Candy Melts
- Gummy Worms
- Place 16 Nutter Butter Cookies along the bottom of your designated casserole dish.
- Cook Vanilla Pudding as shown on back of package and add 1 tbs. Creamy Peanut Butter to warm Pudding mixture.
- Pour pudding mixture atop Nutter Butter Cookies.
- Crumble 1/2 of a package of Oreos in a baggy with rolling pin. Place crumbled Oreos atop Peanut Butter Pudding mixture.
- Make Chocolate pudding as directed on back of package.
- Stir pudding mixture into cool whip in a large bowl! Crumble 1/2 package of Oreos and add to mixture! Stir!
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and smooth out!
- Crumble 1 package of Oreos and place upon mixture.. smooth out!
- Prepare Wilton melts as directed on back of package!
- Dip clean and dry strawberry's into the orange candy melt concoction! Try and stand upright on a plate while drying! I had some mixture leftover so I used the rest of my mixture to dip Oreos! I placed the dipped Oreos in the back of my casserole dish!
- Add the dipped Strawberry's to the dish... they look like Carrots! Or pumpkins ;) and taste delicious!
- You can add gummy worms too to make it fun! Warn people that they are candy! HAHA!
- Keep refrigerated until serving!