Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Nightstand Makeover

Last week while bargain hunting.. yes, when I found the cute clock! I also found a nightstand that needed some tender.loving.care! Not really classifiable as an antique.. well, actually I guess it could be! It is so crazy how we can look at products and think to ourselves, man that is so outdated and old, and then look back at memories & talk about how it feels like yesterday! I love old stuff though! I get that passion from my grandmother! My Granny always looked around for and decorated with antiques. I loved spending time with her and learning about the old days. That may actually be the reasoning behind me getting a degree in Anthropology! I love studying old stuff! This nightstand was just an easy flip that I couldn't turn down. I painted it with chalk paint. I made my own, but also recommend Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. And I added a few knobs that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I painted the handle to match the new knobs. I will be adding several more pieces in the upcoming week. It is rainy here, so no painting for me at the moment. Feel free to leave pics in the comment section of your projects that you are working on or have completed. I love to see that others are getting crafty & turning trash to treasure!

The Before

The After


Paint Color:
Soft Mint - Behr - Home Decorators Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment