Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2016

427 Calorie Dinner & Dessert!

YUMM-O! A comforting dinner and dessert for 427 calories! You can't beat that! Well... maybe you can, but it probably consists of some kind of concoction that is not nearly as tasty ;) The "Loaded Mashed Cauliflower" comes to a total of 147 Calories per serving, 3 oz of Perdue Chicken is right around 160 calories per serving, and the brownie is 120 calories per serving! [[[SCORE]]]!!! I didn't even eat half of my meal before I FELT SUPER full and i'm guessing I consumed right around 300 calories! That is sure to knock my size 12 pants right off me before long... And hopefully I will be healthier, not feeling so groggy all the time! So I guess you are wondering, "How in the world do I make these delicious things for so little in the calorie department?" HAHA. Well here we go..

Gather your ingredients:

BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS:
160 Calories Per Serving
- Perdue Simply Smart Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips
(These can be found in the frozen section of your grocery store)
- Mustard or BBQ Sauce (BBQ sauce is not factored into the calories)

LOADED MASHED CAULIFLOWER: 
147 Calories Per Serving
- 2 bags frozen Cauliflower (30oz)
- Milk (I used whole, but you can use any kind you wish)
- Cheese (Use a reduced fat version)
- Bacon Bits or Pieces (found by salad dressings)
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Low Calorie Butter
- 4 Ramekins (You do not have to have these, although they are helpful for portion control)

DR. PEPPER BROWNIES:
120 Calories Per Serving
- Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
- Diet Dr. Pepper (I have a bottle pictured, but all you need is 10oz)
- Pam Spray (I used the coconut oil version)
- Cupcake liners


Cook Chicken, following directions on bag! 

While Chicken is cooking, boil the cauliflower in a large pot. I added 2 tbs of salt and 1 tbs of garlic to the water. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender/mashable! Pour into colander to get rid of water!



The chicken should be done and out of the oven! Now with an immersion blender, by hand or another type of mixer mix 1 tbs. butter, 1/4 cup milk, a few pinches of salt, a dash of garlic powder, and a dash of pepper into your mixture. Blend until smooth! 

Get your ramekins out and ready!
Fill Ramekins with Cauliflower mixture.
Top with 2 tbs. cheese and 1 tbs. Bacon Bits.
Bake in oven on 350degrees for 5 minutes!

Dinner is ready!
I served my chicken tenders with mustard and my husband smothered his with hot sauce. (0 Cals.)

DESSERT TIME!
Preheat the oven to temp on box!
& Have ingredients ready!
Dump brownie mix into bowl and add fudge packet. Then add 10 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper!
It will have a bubble volcano type effect! BUT will NOT overflow.
It will not be thick like a regular brownie batter mixture!
But in the end, you can't tell with the Brownie taste and texture :) 

I decided to make mine in a muffin pan with liners. 
This helps with portion control and clean up! 
I sprayed the inside of the cups so that the brownies would not stick!
Worked well :)
Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Makes 16 Brownies
(The actual serving recommendation! Yippee!)
Follow directions on box for timing! I cooked mine for 17 minutes.
There is no egg, so this recipe is not as scary to have gooey brownies with.
Enjoy a Brownie!
You deserve it!

-LeAnn R.










No comments:

Post a Comment