Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup - Low Carb, Low Sodium, Low Sugar, Low Fat

HEALTHY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

---------------------------------------------

As you already know.. we have been eating healthy in our house.
No more Chick-Fil-A on the daily (although, I did have a CFA kids meal for lunch today ;) .) So Good!
But, this soup is great too! And super healthy!
It may be low sodium, low sugar, low carb, & low fat, BUT it is FULL of flavor!

For the RECIPE.., click READ MORE on main page!


And.. I used my Pioneer Woman pot!
I LOVE PIONEER WOMAN
AND THIS COLOR!


I rate them 5/5!
Walmart did such a wonderful job choosing this brand for stores!
I use my pots and pans daily, and they clean up like new each time!
And the meals I cook always turn out better than expected, YAY!


You can purchase this set for $99 at WalMart.com and receive FREE shipping, also!
I have had several sets of pots and pans (Cooks, Greenlife, and Paula Dean) and these are by far my favorite! I have owned them for around 4 months and they have already performed better than the others! I highly recommend these!

You can check out the other colors & purchase your set by clicking this link!



Getting back to the recipe.. Sorry, just had to brag on my Pioneer Woman cookware!



HEALTHY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
ingredients:

+ 10 oz. No Yolks Whole Grain Egg Noodles
+ 1 - 2 stalks Celery, diced
+ 2 cups chopped Carrots
+ 1 cup diced Onion
+ 2 - 3 Packets, Herb-Ox Chicken Bouillon
+ 3 - 4 tbsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning
+ 1 tbsp. Salt
+ 1 tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
+ 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless Chicken Thighs

DIRECTIONS:

+ Fill pot midway with water & add chicken & 1 tbsp of seasoning. BOIL.
+ When chicken is fully cooked, remove from pot and chop into bite sized pieces.
+ Measure out 32 oz of water into a mixing bowl and add two - three bouillon packets to water.
+ Add diced celery, carrots, and onion to water left in pot and boil 10 minutes.
+ add cooked chicken to veggie mixture.
+ Pour in the 32 oz of chicken seasoned water into chicken & veggie mixture.
+ Add 10 oz of uncooked egg noodles to boiled chicken and veggie mixture, boil for 10 - 12 minutes!

ENJOY!

Sidenotes - I prepared with 10 oz of egg noodles, 1 stalk celery, 2 cups chopped carrots, 1 cup diced onion, 2 pakcets of chicken bouillon, 3 tbsp. of seasoning, NO salt, 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper, & 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs. I recommend adding to these if you choose. :) I enjoyed mine without the extras, but I am also used to a low sodium diet. I added salt to Timmy's and extra seasoning. Let me know your thoughts.


- Lelu

No comments:

Post a Comment